**Over the years, the Creative Quilters Guild of Ellis County has volunteered and contributed many handmade items for local groups. Some of the community service projects have been:
- Lap quilts for veterans, church groups, and assisted living centers
- Pillowcases filled with school supplies and/or toiletries for area children
- Baby quilts, tote bags, crayon totes for CPS children and children’s hospitals
- Fleece hats, neck pillows, surgery pillows, and ice bag covers for hospital patients
- Food donations for churches and food pantries.
- Quilts for victims of natural disasters
These groups include Hope Clinic, Waxahachie; North Texas VA Hospital, Dallas; Children’s Medical Center, Dallas; Parkland Hospital, Dallas; Manna House, Midlothian; Clayton Nursing Home, Ennis; and more.
In 2016/2017--community service has continued to be lap quilts for the veterans, baby items for Hope Clinic, tote bags, and pillowcases.
In 2017/2018--we contributed fabric and quilts for hurricane victims, VA lap quilts, and items for Hope Clinic.
**Silent Auction Monetary Donation.
In July of every year, the CQGEC holds a quilt show at the Midlothian Conference Center. Miniature quilts are donated by our members for a silent auction. Members vote for a local Ellis County non-profit group to receive the funds from this silent auction.
Past recipients have been: North Ellis County Outreach Center, Hope Clinic, and Women’s Resource Center (now First Look).
- In 2016, Red Oak Senior Center, Hope Clinic, and The Bridge benefited from the guild silent auction.
- In 2017, The Golden Circle Senior Center in Ennis was awarded the funds.
- For July, 2018, guild members voted for Reclaim 611 in Midlothian to receive all the monies from the silent auction. This group brings awareness and answers to the human trafficking problems in Ellis County.
**Creative Quilters Guild of Ellis County Student Scholarship
The first annual CQGEC student scholarship will be awarded this year. A graduating Ellis County high school senior who plans to further their education in a career involving textiles (marketing, designing, etc.) has an opportunity to win $250.00. The winner will be announced at the High School Awards Ceremony in May.