Community Service is vital to all communities. But what does Community Service really mean? Community service is unpaid work performed by a person or group of people for the benefit and betterment of their community without any form of compensation. During our fiscal year of 2022-2023, our Guild donated 3,091 hours towards Community Service projects.
Over the years, the Creative Quilters Guild of Ellis County has volunteered and contributed many handmade items for various Charitable Groups which include but are not limited to the following:
- Hope Clinic, Waxahachie
- North Texas VA Hospital, Dallas
- Children’s Medical Center, Dallas
- Parkland Hospital, Dallas
- Manna House, Midlothian
- Clayton Nursing Home, Ennis
- Waxahachie Care, Waxahachie
- Daniels Den, Waxahachie
- North Ellis County Outreach Center
- Hope Clinic
- Women’s Resource Center – now First Look
- Red Oak Senior Center
- The Bridge Breast Network
- Golden Circle Senior Center
Some of the ongoing community service projects include:
- Baby items for new mothers
- Lap Quilts for veterans, church groups and assisted living centers
- Fidget Quilts for memory care patients
- Pillowcases filled with school supplies and/or toiletries for children
- Baby quilts, tote bags and crayon totes for CPS children and Children’s Hospital patients
- Dog beds for the SPCA
- Food donations for churches and food pantries
- Quilts for victims of natural disasters
Community Service patterns can be found under Resources.
How can you get involved in CQGEC Community Service?
Have questions about how to get involved? See the suggestions below or contact our Community Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow your heart – volunteer your donations and handiwork to support the charities that mean the most to you by:
- Using the “Porch” at Seldom Seen Quilting located at 511 Brown Street, Waxahachie, Texas to pick up supplies and/or drop off finished donations or,
- Bringing your donations to guild meetings at the Waxahachie Bible Church located at 621 North Grand Avenue in Waxahachie, Texas on the 4th Monday of all months excluding May and December
We are continuously looking for organizations that we feel provide valuable assistance to various groups in Ellis County. If you would like to have a charity considered, please contact our Community Service Coordinator at email@example.com.